top of page

ARCHIVES

Bayview Street (from what would later become Mary Brown's parking lot), 1975

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

May 29 1972.JPG

Construction of the Wharf, 1950

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

HISTORY_Construction of the Wharf 1950.JPG

"Highway" leading to Grand Bank with home of James Haddon in centre (Late 1800's or Early 1900's)

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

Highway leading to Grand Bank with home of James P_ Haddon in centre (Late 1800's or Early

James N. Haddon and Grace P. Haddon departing for Grand Bank

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

James N_ Haddon and Grace P_ Haddon departing for Grand Bank.JPG

First town council, 1946

Source: Tony Follett, Fortune then and now Facebook page

John R_ Dixon and council 1946.JPG

Fish stores of Lake and Lake Ltd and George T. Dixon Ltd with  C.N. Coastal Boat "Baccalieu", 1950

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

1950 - Fish stores of Lake and Lake Ltd and George T_ Dixon Ltd C_N_ Coastal Boat.JPG
john e lake's shop no 2.JPG

John E. Lake's Shop, No. 2
Date unknown

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

hISTORY_S_ S_ Home.JPG

S. S. Home in Fortune harbour
Date unknown

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

Old town picture.JPG

View of Fortune, 1970's

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

john e lake's shop no 1.JPG

John E. Lake's Shop, No. 1
Date unknown

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

1913 - 1914.JPG

View of Fortune from Hornhouse Road, 1913-1914

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

Sam Lake's Farm Haddock Road Subdivision 1950.JPG

Sam Lake's Farm, Haddock Road Subdivision, 1950

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

Sam Lake's Farm, Haddock Road Subdivision, 1950

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

Tobias Matthew as mayor with council.JPG
old eldon street picture.JPG

View of Eldon Street, near George and Mary Lake Heritage House
Date unknown

Source: Fortune Municipal Centre

bottom of page